FINISHES / EFFECTS
LOW MAINTENANCE RENDERS /
External façades have to cope with the full force of the weather and climatic conditions, from driving rain and high wind pressures to soiling through dirt and mould growth.
The effectiveness of cladding products against the elements has always been of upmost importance to the client and building specifier.
With these important issues in mind, PermaRock has introduced SiliconeUltra through-coloured renders and SiliconeUltra façade coatings into their product range.
Incorporating the latest innovation in clean façade renders, Nano-Quartz technology, PermaRock has pioneered the next generation of ‘self-cleaning’ renders which offer superior levels of performance in terms of cleanliness and colour stability and provide unparalleled resistance to the elements.
For the building designer and specifier, SiliconeUltra renders provide the added benefit of cost savings over the lifetime of the cladding system through reduced maintenance requirements in comparison to standard acrylic and silicone based renders.
Nano-Quartz technology provides greater repellency against dirt and further resistance to algae growth and is also extremely lightweight, using up to 20% less material consumption than previous through coloured renders.
PermaRock have also specially developed a colour range to provide specifiers the latest offerings in terms of material technology and quality whilst bringing near limitless options in terms of colour choice. PermaRock’s Façade A1 colour range, available in 500 selected shades, offers the best in colour fastness for unbeatable results and sets the industry benchmark for through-coloured renders.
The SiliconeUltra range of materials are available for use with all of PermaRock’s external wall insulation and render systems.
PermaRock Nano-Quartz Technology
This new technology provides a step change in the performance level of exterior renders and coatings. Organically cross-linked nano-particles form a compact, mineral-hard, three dimensional quartz-matrix structure which protects against soiling and keeps façades clean for a longer period. The special silicone resin/binder combination also generates water repellent, highly water vapour permeable surfaces.
Nano-Quartz technology renders and coatings incorporate inorganic pigments which offer superior light and colour fastness and enable the use of dark colours (lightness factors as low as 5 are now possible) on insulated (external wall insulation) backgrounds.
- Self-cleaning – the Nano-Quartz lattice surface gives excellent reduction in tendency to accumulate surface soiling (i.e. the adhesion of dirt particles, particulates and spores). Loosened dirt particles are removed naturally by wind and rain action
- Increased resistance to mould & mildew – Nano-Quartz technology inhibits the growth of mould
- Highest colour fastness and lasting colour retention – inorganic pigments and nano-technology offer class leading performance in relation to colour depth and longevity
- Achieves Colour Fastness Code A1 – the highest quality levels for binders (Class A) and pigments (Group 1) are achieved (as classified by BFS (Federal Commission for Paint & Property Protection)
- Available in 500 colour shades – for use in conjunction with PermaRock’s A1 colour range with lightness factor values as low as 5 for use with appropriate external wall insulation systems within our range
- Highly water vapour permeable – allows the substrate to "breathe"
- Low consumption - up to 20% less material consumption compared to conventional acrylic and silicone renders
- Lower maintenance requirements – compared to standard acrylic and silicone based renders over the lifetime of a cladding system